Welcome to MARCH.
I hope you all are eager to partake of all that God is set to do this season (in your life, nation and globally)…because I AM.
There’s just so much I’m trusting God for right now, and I believe there are endless possibilities awaiting me as each day unfolds.
One of the scriptures I currently find encouraging is,
“Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will act.” Ps 37:5
I saw this on the blog of someone I admire greatly (Hola doctora!😀), and I decided to adapt it for this post.
a) FERVENT (Priscilla Shirer):
“That’s why you and I need to be praying—to keep the truth about our real identity in constant, unbroken focus before us.”
“Truth—God’s standard and viewpoint about us—must come first in our hearts and minds if we want to be effective in
battle against the enemy.”
b) WHEN GOD WHISPERS YOUR NAME (Max Lucado):
“Conflict is inevitable but combat is optional.”
“God forgets the past. Imitate him. Sacrilege is to feel guilt for sins already forgiven.”
“Don’t ask God to do what you want, ask God to do what is right.”
“You’ll never forgive anyone more than God has already forgiven you.”
“To see sin without grace is despair. To see grace without sin is arrogance”
c) LIONESS ARISING (Lisa Bevere):
-The lioness rises to gather strength, greet/groom others, hunt, move the young to safety, confront the enemies that threaten the pride and walk alongside her king.
-The lioness has something which is fierce, wild at the same time beautiful.
d) PASSING IT ON (Myles Munroe):
“Finishing well is more important than starting well.”
“One of the most difficult decisions a leader has, is to surrender the reins of power to another.”
“Knowing when to leave is so essential that it’s better for a leader to leave too early than too late.”
e) INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP (Peter F. Drucker):
– Entrepreneurship is neither a science or an art, it is a practice.
– Innovation is the specific tool for entrepreneurs the means by which they exploit change as an opportunity for a different service or business.
– Not everyone who starts a new venture is an entrepreneur. An Entrepreneur has to have special characteristics over being New Or Small. Your business venture does not have to be small or new to make you an entrepreneur.
– An Entrepreneur doesn’t have to be a business owner, capitalist, or employer.
– People who need certainty are unlikely to make good entrepreneurs.
f) AMERICANAH (Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie):
I read the preview copy last year, and bought this recently. Interesting and intriguing read, Chimamanda has a way of putting the obvious in a not-so-obvious way.
I could actually relate with this part, even with Vincentians, it’s never “Sorry” but “Are you okay?”
I recently came across this passage and I thought of my beloved country Nigeria, as I turned it into a prayer:
17 “Those who will rebuild you are coming soon, and those who destroyed you will leave. 18 Look around and see what is happening! Your people are assembling — they are coming home! As surely as I am the living God, you will be proud of your people, as proud as a bride is of her jewels. 19 “Your country was ruined and desolate — but now it will be too small for those who are coming to live there. And those who left you in ruins will be far removed from you. (Isaiah 49:17-19 GNB)
2. ❤️Playing: Nothing. Once upon a time, it was CANDY CRUSH, but those days are long gone.
3. ❤️Watching: Nothing ATM. Last watched YELLOW BIRD (last weekend), and in my opinion, it’s booooring….with a CAPITAL B.
4.❤️Listening to: I TESTIFY (by Ada).
Recently discovered it on my playlist and it’s been a recurring song in my spirit. Surely, this month I TESTIFY.
5.❤️ Working on: learning Spanish (courtesy of Fluencia and Duolingo) and Igbo languages (courtesy of Igbovillagesquare on YouTube). It’s been fun all the way.
6. ❤️Eating: Besides real food, lots of Golden Morn and different kinds of Sausage rolls (Gala, Meaty, Beefie😭😂)
8. ❤️Needing: More of God. More of his wisdom. More of his strength. More of his grace.
9. ❤️Loving: The strong, fervent, and godly woman I am becoming.
10. ❤️ Thinking: of passing the MDCN exams in peace and not in pieces……the workload seems overwhelming, but God dey.
11. ❤️Feeling: Blessed to be part of my immediate family. So I ran away from Lagos last weekend, to be with my homeys and how refreshing it was.
The ancient city of Ibadan was welcoming as usual.
The highlight was an evening outing, after a road trip through a part of the city, while singing our favorite hymns and recalling poems/nursery rhymes…of course we took several snap shots (plus a professional studio shoot), followed by a lovely dinner.
12. ❤️Celebrating : The publishing of my first book, MY FEGGO DIARIES. It’s basically a memoir about the highs and lows, of my experiences in a Nigerian boarding house.
It is now available for download on Okadabooks app (Googleplay and App Store). I’ll appreciate your reviews and feedbacks.
13. ❤️ Grateful for: The new MONTH.
it is my desire to make MELODY to the Lord with my heart continually, in anticipation of all the testimonies that await me. Like the scripture says,
“addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,”
Ephesians 5:19-20 ESV
I decided to dig out 20 of my favorite hymns (in no particular order) and share with you all. You can look up their verses/tunes on the Internet. I hope you’re blessed by them.
What are some of your favorite hymns?
Have a melodious March,
Ps: Thanks to all who supported and contributed to my blog challenge, 26 BLESSINGS AND COUNTING. I’ll be completing the skipped days at a latter time, which will be communicated accordingly.
Muchas gracias. ❤️❤️❤️