Welcome on board guys, I’m so glad we all crossed over to the new year.
I don’t know about y’all, but this new year has been amazing so far. God is good.
So this post is a kinda review for 2017, (and I literally copied and edited the format from here).
It’s gonna be a “longish” read, so fasten your seat belts and LET’S ROLL!
1. What did you do last year that you had never done before?
Huh…Attended a Driving school.
2. Did you keep your new year resolutions and will you make more this year?
From saving in a piggy bank (cashed a little above 14k late November), to publishing MY FEGGO DIARIES, to committing some verses of the scripture to memory, took two creative writing courses, among others.
So I look forward to not only more resolutions, but more goals and growth this year. Amen.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes o. I have two new beautiful nieces.
Ehm…no pics to share, sorry.
4. Did anyone you know die?
I wrote this poem in memory of a family friend who died towards the end of last year:
“It’s a very sad night,
For all the lives you touched
You had a heart of gold,
And gave a smile of hope
Because of what you gave,
Our lives were so enriched
And although you’re no more,
The lives you touched remain.”
5. What new place(s) did you visit last year?
Nnewi, Anambra State….well, it was such an EXPERIENCE (one I won’t be forgetting in a hurry). The culture, the lifestyle, the language, the food…everything was so different.
6. What would you like to have this year that you didn’t last year?
My dream Camera! 📷
Hello Sophia, can’t wait to meet you. 😍😍😍
7. What date in 2017 will remain etched in your memory?
July 13th, 2017. My MDCN induction date.
8. What was your biggest achievement in 2017?
Again, my MDCN induction.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Ehm, Failing out of driving school. 😩
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Yes…a minor RTA leaving behind an annoying scar on my left knee and recurrent tooth pain. I’m thankful I survived though.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well…can’t think of a specific BEST thing atm.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you really, really get excited about?
Getting a HOUSEJOB. Whoop!💃💃💃
16. What song will always remind you of 2017?
“You’re the reason why I lift my hands, why I lift my voice, why I sing to you…”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
2017 was a good year, but this year started on a “lighter” note.
18. Thinner or Fatter?
19. Richer or Poorer?
Richer. Glory to God, I now earn my pay😎
20. What do you wish you had done more of?
Prayed more. Read more. Loved more. Served God more.
21. What do you wish you had done less of?
Most importantly…Worried less.
26. What were your favorite TV Programs in 2017?
Let’s see…TINSEL, BATTLE GROUND and JEMEJI. Thanks to AMShowcase, I watched them back to back.😉
28. What was the best book you read?
FERVENT (Priscilla Shirer), closely followed by UNSTOPPABLE (Christine Caine), I read both twice last year and I look forward to re-reading them.
29. Greatest musical discovery:
Does Nathaniel Bassey’s Wonderful Wonder count?
30. What did you want and get?
Haha…plenty things, a New pair of glasses. Some New clothes. New shoes. New handbags…and a Wig!😉
31. What did you want and not get?
Top on my list, a Driver’s license.😩
32. Best Movie you watched in 2017?
Well…OMUGWO was the most interesting.
33. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
In the THEATRE, pulling some Orthopaedic stunts!
34. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017?
On a scale of 1 to 10, a 6? Tbh, I improved as per my hairdo and make-up💋, even the heavens can testify.😄
35. What kept you sane in 2017?
Music…lots and lots of worship music!
36. Celebrity Figure Crush in 2017:
Nonso Bassey (“Man’s too hot”)🙆
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Quite a number faa. From my FaithRest Fam (Mamma, Dolapo, Ife, Pelumi et al…) to fellow HOs (Comfort, Osas, Ameh et al…)
39. Most Valuable Life Lesson(s) From 2017:
- (1) If God says it, he will do it. His PROMISE, His TIMING, His METHOD.
- (2) Life takes TIME.
- (3) Contentment is the presence of JESUS, not the absence of challenges.
40. Quote a song lyrics that sums up your 2017:
WONDERFUL WONDER (Nathaniel Bassey)
“Everywhere I go
I see You right there
In the beauty of nature
You shine all around,
For You are everything
And everything is You,
Oh wonderful wonder you are.”
That’s ALL folks.
I hope we all can journey into this NEW YEAR with greater Joy, Hope and Peace.
Cheers to an Awesome 2018 Experience,