It’s the middle of the year already…like seriously, year 2017 is wrapping up rapidly.
Well, I’m thankful because God has been so faithful.
For me, June is a month of JUBILATION.
Jubilation (Noun): a feeling of great happiness and triumph.
Synonyms: euphoria, ecstasy, glee, delight, elation.
And here are some reasons why:
– About this time last year, yours sincerely completed medical school.
It was a major breakthrough and a dream come true.
– And just this month God gave my family another victory, My dad got his PhD!
It took a while coming…many days, weeks, months and years longer than expected.Thank God, it has come to pass. And we trust him for other testimonies as well. Amen.
Before I continue, I have a few confessions:
In my first blogpost this year, I’d announced that I’d be doing free adverts for a few of my friends with growing businesses through this platform until the middle of the year. Unfortunately, I had to discontinue at some point, because it was challenging to create content and publish my blog posts.
To the friends I made promises to, I sincerely apologize. Please find it in your hearts to forgive me and I hope I can make it up to you all in the near future.
I also had to quit the blog challenge: 26 BLESSINGS AND COUNTING (with just 2 more posts to go), because I was overwhelmed by the way it dragged into the month of May. And there were other pending posts I had to work on, so I had to let it go.
Again I apologize for all the unkept promises.
Here’s a peep into my June (plus What’s New):
1. Meditating on:1 John 4:11
2. Song on repeat: The Hill (Travis Greene)
3. Currently reading:
a. The book of 1 John
b. Lioness Arising (Lisa Bevere)
“Jesus stripped himself and became like us, so we could strip ourselves and become like him.”
c. Unstoppable (Christine Caine)
” The goal of the race is not to earn God’s favor, the goal of the race is to become like Christ.”
d. Passing It On (Myles Munroe)
“True leaders do not retire. They simply move to the next phase.”
e. Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Peter F Drucker)
“Successful innovators are conservative, they are not risk-focused, they are opportunity focused.”
4. Still learning:
5. Working on:
Scripture Flash Cards
I love memorizing scriptures and I keep looking for easier ways to go about it. So I finally decided to create my own Flash Cards from scratch, using cardboard paper and a variety of pens.
6. Personal development:
Another thing I’ve become really intentional about is boosting my Self Confidence. And here are a few things I’m learning to do:
i) Proper Grooming
ii) Amiable Smile
iii) Increase Competence
iv) Accept Compliments
v) Lend a helping hand
7. Driving lessons:🚘🚥🚦
I’ve been training for over 2 weeks now but I’m still a long way from becoming the confident driver I need to be. My instructor says I’m taking the training rather too seriously and I need to relax.
I feel I’m battling with a level of performance anxiety that leads me to repeat some mistakes. It’s frustrating really. I need all the courage I can get and be done with the training already. Please Pray For Me🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
8. Creative Writing: I finally registered for an online writing course I could afford, last month. It’s been really enlightening, and to be honest there’s so much to learn. I’m thankful for the opportunity to improve on my writing.
9. NewsFlash: I’ve started using a piggy bank which is another goal for this year, thanks to Dr. tamie. My bank is locally made from cheap wood and without lock/key, which means I can’t be tempted to “borrow” from it. Already I’ve saved a reasonable amount, though I don’t have a job yet. I’m pretty excited.
10. Crushing on:
My three favorite TV soaps with intriguing storylines. I watch them back to back on weekdays, thanks to Africa Magic Showcase.
It’s been a while I’ve done this kinda post. I know I should be writing more often since I have enough time, but life has a way of showing up when/where we least expect.
Anyway, here are some of the things that have been happening with/around me lately:
1. The song on my mind…When I think about the Lord. Recently I was again reminded of how blessed I am. I have so much to be thankful for…life and health, God’s salvation, love, grace, mercy, favor, family and friends, and every other thing I often take for granted.
2. Watchword for the month: Philippians 4:8.
It’soperation MIND YOUR MINDSPACE! So help me God.
3. Lola Opatayo’s blog. The woman is Bae. Her stories literally keep me hooked. I’ve mentally added her to my BEAUTIFUL MINDS list. You can read the posts here and here.
4. I recently wrapped up Chronicles of a Student-Doctor, which sums up my medical school experience. Whoop!! What a Journey! At some point I wanted to abort it but thankfully, I didn’t. I appreciate all the feedbacks/support I received during the period.
5. I’m reading a number of books at the moment and I have lots more to read. But I won’t blow my cover. Just lookout for Part 2 of My Favorite Thingsto get the juicy details of my library. Plus I’m thinking of doing my very 1st book review, on THE DATING MANIFESTO (Lisa Anderson) which I recently completed. I so enjoyed reading it that I’m excited to share some of the lessons with you. Pls watch out.
6. Currently loving Okadabooks app. In less than a week, I’ve consumed about 10 books, including excerpts from Chimamanda’sHalf of a Yellow Sun and Americanah. I can’t wait to read the full copies.
7. Finally completed my study on the book of GENESIS (I’ve been on it for over 3 months). There are many hidden lessons between the verses and chapters of the book. My favorite character was Joseph. His character was solid throughout. I gathered lots of life-transforming truths. God’s word is absolutely amazing. I’m studying the book of Proverbs next.
8. I’m glad for the phase of life I am in at the moment. It’s like an in-between stage separating what has been, from what will be. I’m being prepared for the next phase of my life and I’m quite excited. Here are some of the thoughts I’ve been reflecting upon recently:
– Experience is not what happens to a man, it is what he does with what happens to him. (Aldus Huxley)
– It’s not only the questions you ask, but the questions you fail to ask, that shape your destiny. (Tony Robbins)
– Whatever we look for, we will find. (Tony Robbins)
– Being choosy gets you no where, if you actually never choose. (Lisa Anderson)
– There’s nothing wrong with happiness, what is usually wrong is how we choose to get it. (Requine)
9. I volunteered to help with the VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL (VBS) for my church kids last month. What an eye-opening experience it was. There were lots of games, songs, skits and crafts. There were also bible lessons and memory verses learnt. It was quite an adventure and a blessing for me. I’m glad I was a part of it.
10. I successfully made “Pizza” (from scratch) and “Puff-Puff” (for the first time), the two were on point and my flatmates even gave me an A+. 🙌🙌
I plan to try my hands on a few other snacks before the month runs out. Maybe I can throw in a recipe or two as well. *fingers-crossed*