Author: Sam Adeyemi
Genre: Motivation, Christian, Non-Fiction
||How I came about the book?
Sam Adeyemi is one of the most celebrated Pastors in Nigeria and someone I personally admire. A friend shared this free e-book with me over a year ago, and I got to read it some months back.
Going by the title I didn’t know exactly what to expect, but I knew the book would be loaded.
If you want a very easy-to-read book, here is one. Sam Adeyemi is known to be a man of few words and he doesn’t disappoint with this. Basically the book contains practical lessons based on his own experiences.
||Lessons & Reflections
As an extremely short book, I’m tempted to summarize the entire content here, but I promise, I won’t.
– Your potential for success increases each time you fail. Therefore if you will truly succeed, you must not be afraid to fail.
– To move forward in life, you must make conscious effort to focus on what is working, not on the things that are not working.
On Attitude and The Law Of Attraction
– Our emotions create magnetic fields around us, they have the power to attract and the power to repel.
– If your attitude is negative, you will repel miracles and you will attract problems. Beware of what you attract.
– It is not because things are bad that you are sad, it is because you are sad that things are bad. Break free from sadness and sign into joy willingly, and your life will never remain the same.
On Success and God’s Timing
– Success is not a day’s job it is a daily job. It is NOT a destination, it is a journey.
– There is no amount of heat that can make a block of ice to melt instantly. In the same way, you MUST give your goals and dreams time to come into fulfillment. Life takes time.
“There is no amount of worrying that you will do today that will make God do today, what he has decided to do tomorrow.”
– God doesn’t want to give you a promotion that will destroy you. Do you have the capacity to manage what you are asking God to give you?
On Financial Principles
– Don’t spend money that is not yours. Don’t spend the money that you don’t have.
– A Temptation is for you to have something within your reach and not have the permission to take it.
– Wisdom is knowing what the consequence of an action will be before you take that action.
– Discipline is the hallmark of success, without it you are a lousy failure regardless of your position.
On Opportunity and Location
– There is no place on earth without opportunity. Wherever People are, there you will find opportunities. Opportunities arise as a result of needs.
– Your location doesn’t change who you are, your mindset does. If you don’t have values, you won’t add value.
– When we develop the capacity to meet needs, we develop the capacity to create wealth, no matter where we find ourselves.
– When we are deprived of something in our past, we tend to over value the importance of that thing in our present.
– True success comes with a balance. If you succeed in one area and fail in other areas, then you have not truly succeeded.
On Uniqueness and Inter-personal relationships
– God does not have a duplicating machine. He fashioned everyone of us differently. Your way of seeing things is NOT the only way of seeing things.
– You were created by design. Your personality, traits and temperaments were deliberately designed by God.
– We never succeed in building relationships when we try to force people to become exactly like us. One of us is enough.
– We get better when we work as a team because another person’s weakness is often our area of strength. And vice versa.
– You can accept other people the way they are, even if you don’t agree with them.
– You need your body to achieve your goals. No matter how lofty your dreams are, if your health breaks down, it will become your preoccupation; and you won’t be able to achieve anything else.
– Knowledge in itself does not confer power. It is the intelligent application of knowledge that brings benefits to our lives.
||Who should read this book?
Every individual aspiring for success, this book is as simple as it could get.
This book was really short, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I wish there was a little extra because I really enjoyed it.
For every young person who is willing to pay the price, so that they can embrace all that God has in store for their future.
Have you read this book? Please share your thoughts.