It’s the middle of the year already and God has been indeed faithful.
I’m not exactly where I’d hoped to be (in some aspects of my life) but I celebrate where I am at the moment because it can only get better.
Amen and Hallelujah. 🙌
Here’s a recap of the post I wrote at the beginning of the year 5 things to do in 2019.
I still need to TRUST God more (not just in words, but through my actions), there are many unrealized goals I have to work towards, and I certainly have to do better with taking stock and giving thanks.
(Randomly picked and edited most of these questions from online articles)
1. How would you describe the year so far?
Emm…Interesting (for lack of a better word).
It’s been that kind of unforgettable year, not in a “big-bang” way, but in a “what else now?” kind of way.
2. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of?
– Producing, Marketing & Selling a number of the Requine’s Journals and the sincere feedbacks I got from some of my customers (on ways to make the product even better).
– Finally taking vaginal deliveries and repairing minor lacerations (this time last year it was only a dream).
3. What major lessons have you learnt in this half-year?
i) My life is shaped by my thoughts. A negative mindset will trigger negative actions which will trigger negative outcomes.
ii) God speaks and the devil speaks, my responsibility is to decide whose voice I listen to.
iii) Success is a spectrum; there’s no total failure – there are only strategies that don’t work at a particular time, in a particular place and with a particular set of people.
iv) I’ve been graced for this season of my life and God is equipping me for the next season already.
v) What I bring to the table determines how I’m valued. To increase my value, I must increase my contributions.
vi) I have nothing to prove but everything to improve.
vii) There are always helpers to my destiny, it is my responsibility to pray them in.
viii) Success is attractive and inspires others to succeed. No one argues with results, it is self-proven.
ix) Nothing beats the reassurance that God is for me and with me. He knows what I need even before I ask him.
x) Every blessing is a responsibility, ditto answered prayers.
4. How are you different now than you were 6 months ago?
Physically fatter (sadly😞), a couple of thousands richer (thankfully) and a whole lot wiser.
5. What new relationships have you fostered?
Quite a number, especially with some of my colleagues at work.
6. In what areas do you feel stuck?
– My current job is pretty demanding (physically and mentally) and I’m really looking forward to a better job opportunity. I can’t continue like this tbh…
– I’m also not getting the most out of my 2019 goals which is really discouraging.
7. What are you most grateful for?
– The gift of Life.
– The gift of Health: Physical and Mental.
– The gift of Men (Friends, Family and Colleagues).
Looking back to the beginning of this year I was pretty excited even without knowing what the year had to offer.
2019 has indeed been an interesting year because everything isn’t going exactly according to my plan, but God is reminding me that it’s not up to me to make things happen.
“Commit your way unto the Lord, TRUST also in him, and HE WILL bring it to pass.” Ps 37:5
I’ve had some exciting moments like getting a job and moving to another town, rekindling some old relationships and fostering new ones, and finding a place of worship where I fit right in.
I’ve also had a couple of challenges like meeting up with the demands of my job, on and off health issues, and experiencing joy in the midst of pain and disappointment.
Then I’ve suffered a few bouts of depression as well…feelings of frustration about being left behind in life, but thankfully I’m back on my feet.
Partaking of DDK’s Ignition Intensive Series (an online coaching program) was definitely a mind blowing and defining experience for me.
Also, I’ve spent more time, effort and money on self-care (hairdo, beauty products etc) than in previous years.
Lastly, I’ve read over a dozen books this year including:
– Model Marriage (Deg-Heward Mills)
– Jumpstart Your Leadership (John C. Maxwell)
– For Married Women Only (Tony Evans)
– Exploring The Secrets Of Success (Bishop David Oyedepo)
– WORDS (Kenneth Hagin)
– The Smart Money Woman (Arese Ugwu)
– Secrets of An Irresistible Woman (Michelle Mckiney Hammond)
Going forward, I have decided to make the most of the remaining months of this year by prioritizing where I currently am over where I think I should be because when all is said and done,
The best time to live is NOW.
Henceforth, I choose to:
1) Find joy in the simple things.
2) Live in the moment everyday.
3) Be a blessing wherever I find myself.
4) Not stress myself over the things I CANNOT control.
5) Stop believing the lies of satan that “I’m not enough.”
So help me God.
Cheers to a Fantastic Month!!!