This letter is a feeble attempt to capture all the challenges, lessons and memories, of my 30 days of existence.
By the time you are old enough to understand its importance, I’ll be long gone. Now, don’t cry dear.
There are many things I would love to share with you, that time and space won’t allow.
These few nuggets from my limited experience however, should guide you in having a smoother ride in your journey through life:
– Don’t let life happen to you. I can’t overemphasize this. Take the bull by the horns and happen to life.
– Pray as if your life depends on it, because trust me, it does. A prayerless existence is a powerless existence.
– We live in a cynical world, where hopelessness and discouragement rule. If you don’t want to be a victim like many others, dare to believe. To believe is to live.
– Live thankful. Show gratitude for the little things. It’s a sure path to increase.
– If God says it, he means it. So you better believe it and receive it.
– Let praise be your weapon. For everytime the enemy tries to harass you, let a praise song be your come-back.
– Distraction is a subtle tool of the enemy. The more he gets your attention, the farther you move away from God’s purpose for your life.
– Happiness is a choice. If you choose happiness, it will choose you too.
– Getting tired is valid, because life gets hard. But staying tired is a choice because God is always ready to strengthen you, even at your lowest.
Allow me to share snippets of my last moments with you:
1. Last meal: Boiled yam with egg sauce
2. Last drink: Dubic malt
3. Last hangout: Sleepover at Deby’s
4. Last song I danced to: Hallelujah by Funbi
5. Last sermon: Doubtlessly Anointed (Pastor Move)
6. Last game I played: Ehm…Duolingo?
7. Last article I wrote: Musings 1.4|| The best place to be
8. Last book I read: Firebrand by Debola Deji-Kurumi
9. Last chore I did: Laundry
10. Last friend I chatted with: Peter aka SPO
I pray that the Lord guides your steps in all you do.
May testimonies abound in your life everyday.
You will do far greater exploits than any of your predecessors.
Cheers to a beautiful existence!
Your Big Sister,