Hello and welcome to my blog.
Eunicesmiles blog is a great place to be, whether you’re a first time reader or a returnee.
I run a Journal kind of blog, where I write about topics that I’ve spent time to reflect upon. In other words, my blog is like an open book, which anyone and everyone is free to read about.
My favorite topics centre around God, Life, Christianity, Medicine, Family, and Friends.
The primary goal is to INSPIRE as many people that find their way here, by sharing my thoughts, lessons, challenges as well as victories, and ultimately introduce them to the person of my faith, Jesus.
The message of my blog is simple: The best time to live is NOW!
Not Yesterday. Not Tomorrow.
And what better way to Live than to Believe in the one who gave his Life, for you and for me?
He is the reason why I live.
Sometime in 2015, I wrote this post highlighting some of my reasons for writing and well, blogging in particular. Those reasons haven’t changed much over the years.
Today, I’m thankful for this BLOG.
And this makes it three years since I started blogging.
It was something I couldn’t have imagined doing until I had enough courage, motivation and enough momentum to begin.
I’ve been richly blessed in many ways since I started this blog. Here are a few of them:
1. Self discovery- This blog has made me realize a lot about myself, my likes/dislikes, musings, attitude to life and everything in between.
2. Creativity– I’ve also had the privilege of learning, discovering and working on a few creative ideas (like photography/videography/advertisement) by virtue of running this blog. My writing skills have remarkably improved too.
3. Inspiration– Tbh, this blog has been a source of inspiration to me as well. Sometimes I read a post I wrote in times past and just smile. I’ve found encouragement and motivation in down times, through the pages of this blog. For that I’m thankful.
4. Diligence- Well as a matter of fact, running a blog isn’t as easy as one is made to think. Especially when no financial renumeration is involved. My responsibility towards my readers is my main motivation for trying my best. This is a platform I do not to take for granted, because I never know who needs the words I have to offer. Thankfully, I get some encouraging feedback from time to time.
5. Fame– Haha. Pls believe me when I say this blog has given me a level of fame. I mean on a global scale too…because I have readers from all over lol. For that I’m thankful. A number of times I’ve had people approach me unexpectedly and say, “So you run a blog?” And I’m like “ok, so how did you find out?” The response differs from time to time.
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the blog through liking, commenting or by simply following my posts.
Thank you for being here, anonymously or otherwise.
There is no BLOG without you.
I can’t confidently say whether this blog is for a season or is indefinite, but for now, it’s a platform I’ll continue to use to the best of my abilities to reach out to others.
Hey, before you leave!
So as a way of saying THANK YOU, I have decided to do a giveaway. I will be giving out tokens of airtime (MTN, GLO, AIRTEL & ETISALAT) to FOUR of my blog subscribers.
PS: The giveaways are exclusive to my Nigerian followers only. I hope in future I can extend the giveaways to my readers across the globe.
See details of the giveaway here.
The winners will be announced (hopefully) by Friday, the 10th of May, and I will give further instructions on how to claim the prizes.
Spanish phrase for the day:
Tiengo un perro- I have a dog
(PS: Our family dog, Captain, who had been sick for sometime, died a few days ago. It was a sobering time for me in particular, as I was the last family member to see her alive. Thankfully, she left a 3-year old daughter, Lucy, and we hope she lives in good health for many years to come).
Thank you for reading.