Hola a todos!
Tengo Algo Bueno Para ti
Don’t mind my SPANISH, I’ll explain later. 😊😀
I’m sooooo EXCITED and highly EXPECTANT about this Month. I remember this time last year when I did the series: A NOVEMBER TO REMEMBER.
How time flies.
I’m thankful for the journey so far, all of God’s blessings towards me and every lesson I have learnt along the way.
So here are a few things that have recently happened/what-I-look-forward-to in November:
1. Scripture for the MONTH: 2 Kings 20:9a (GNB)
Yes and AMEN, because my God is a Miracle-Worker and a Promise-Keeper. I have every reason to TRUST him for what he says he will do.
I received this clear WORD in my SPIRIT on the first of this Month- GOD CAN AND GOD WILL.
2. Song for the Month: WE SERVE A MIGHTY GOD (Positive Media)
Tbh, the song literally gives vibes to my body. I can’t keep still while it is playing. Btw, a Trinidadian sang it and it’s really beautiful, so Yoruba folks pls just chill. Tenkiu! 😉
3. Currently reading the following Books :
i. The Complete Book of Questions (Gary Poole). I have answered 500 questions so far. It’s quite an enlightening read, I’ll recommend you read it with other friends. I downloaded the free PDF version. Here are the first five questions:
” We are instructed to talk to and not to talk about our problems.”
” Extremes are the devil’s playground, if he cannot get a believer to totally ignore the truth, he’ll get him to be one sided and out of balance.”
“Confession is a means of speaking God’s promises into existence.”
“Thankful people are too busy being grateful for what they have, that they have no time to complain about the things they don’t have.”
“Complaining not only robs the joy of the speaker, but it also quenches the hope of the hearers.”
iii. ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING (John MacArthur). This is another deep book about what a Christian should focus on, instead of worrying endlessly. It’s really been a great resource during this phase I’m in. Here are a few lessons from the book:
” Worry is unnecessary. God doesn’t just create life, he sustains it.”
“Worry is unable to accomplish anything. You may worry yourself to death but never to a longer life.”
“To worry is needless because of God’s bounty, senseless because of his promise and useless because of its potency to achieve nothing.”
“Providing and Planning for tomorrow is taking responsibility but worrying about it, is sin.”
“The best way to avoid worrying is through prayer, followed by right thinking and right doing.”
4. Still studying the book of REVELATON with the help of Matthew Henry’s commentary.
I’m now on the 19th chapter. My favorite so far has been:
Have you let the savior in? If not, what are you waiting for? 🙂
5. Adventures: It’s been one adventure or the other in the last few weeks…I attended a mega concert of African worship, TEHILLAH AFRICANA and it was an awesome experience, followed by a Christian Talent Show that turned out unexpectedly as per the final winners, and most recently, I tried Karaoke for the very first time, with my friends. We did the song- The Heart of Worship (Matt Redman). Unfortunately, I can’t upload our video clip. Sorry😅🙈.
I’m hopeful that there will be more wonderful adventures this month.
6. Projects: So this last month, I completed and entered two stories, for National & International prizes respectively. While I’m not counting too much on the outcome, I’m a bit hopeful that one of them at least gets picked.
– Then I wrote about my Sojourn in SVG (Part 1) here, pls read.
– I’m still working on MY FEGGO DIARIES book. I look forward to getting it published this month. My amazing friend Z (email@example.com) was kind enough to help with cover design samples for the book. You may contact him for the cover design for your book(s) at a token fee. 😉
7. Culinary Skills: My skills have remarkably improved in recent times. Yours sincerely single-handedly made Pizzas for a sale at an event.
I recently attempted baking bread for the first time too, but sadly the yeast wasn’t enough, so it flopped badly…solid rock bread 😓. I look forward to investing more of my time this month polishing more of those skills.
8. SPANISH 101: So yours sincerely has started learning Spanish via YouTube, thanks to a friend’s suggestion. I’m so looooooving it. I didn’t even realize how relatively easy the language is plus a huge BONUS is that my Neighbor is from Cuba. So therefore, I get to practice as often as I want to. Buenos para mí.
9. Another friend told me she was taking some free courses at Edx.org and I decided to check it out. I registered for these three courses:Think 101, Behavioral Medicine: A key to better health and Inclusive Leadership Training, and what an amazing experience it’s been. You can sign up for free here.
10. A few of us volunteered at a community health fair the other Saturday, and I got to play “The Doctor” for real and no longer Student-doctor. Haha. My Medical School Journey was certainly a dream come true.
11. BE INSPIRED:
a) Looking for what to listen to? You can subscribe to these Podcasts.
– Your Move With Andy Stanley, and
– Enjoying Everyday Life with Joyce Meyer.
You’ll be glad you did.
b) Looking for what to read on BLOGSPHERE? Why not try these:
1.. Omooba’s Blog: Omooba is a wonderful Christian lady who is both an Artist and a Writer. She recently started a new blog. You can check her old blog www.omoobaa.wordpress.com too. She’s refreshingly inspiring.
2. Lola Opatayo’s Blog: The lady writes dramatic, seat-grabbing fiction like no other. You don’t want to miss out, so visit her blog.
3. Eziaha’s Blog: For Practical Spiritual Truths, Mind-blowing ideas, Awesome Encouragement and daily/weekly Motivation, Coach E’s blog is where to visit. She’s awesome both in WORDS and DEEDS. How do I know this? I know because I’ve had an ENCOUNTER with her…lol.
PS: Do you have a friend or family member who is interested in studying Medicine in the Caribbean? Kindly ask them to visit www.studymedcaribbean.com or like their Facebook page.
PPS: Hopefully, next month will come with a new series December Diary, and the focus will be on how I’m adjusting to life in Nigeria. #Anticipate
Thanks for reading,