Welcome to September.
I don’t know about you guys but if you ask me, I think year 2016 deserves an award for its exceptional speed which in my humble opinion, is comparable only to that of…
Pls where did January-August fly to? 🙄
Anyway, I’m thankful to God for life. Although the year is closing in, there are still many opportunities to learn, grow and achieve. And for that I’m also thankful.
So here’s what’s up for the month:
Because I’m still in the transition phase between Medical School and “Real Life”, there’s a lot of believing to be done, so I’m keying into:
2. And this SONG- In Jesus’ name.
3. I’m currently READING:
I. AWAKEN THE GIANT WITHIN (Anthony Robbins): This book is…I can’t even drop it, until I finish it. Tbh, it’s one of the most bulky books I’ve read in my life, content-wise. I recently learnt about writing a list of my top-most values (in order of priority) and I came up with this:
Then I told myself “No wonder you’re like this…” As nice as the list looks from a distance, on closer inspection, I really need to do better…the issue of COMFORT as the first priority can be a stumbling block if I’m to make a difference in the future.
II. TROPHY CHILD (Ted Cummingham): it’s an insightful book recommended for Parents and Parents-to-be…it’s never too EARLY/LATE to learn that having a “child-centered” home does more harm than good eventually. Biblically, a good marriage is primarily about the husband and wife, and then the Children (Genesis 2:24).
I recently completed:
III. WHEN GOD WRITES YOUR LOVE STORY (Eric & Leslie Ludy) and the book was:
Here are some of the highlights for me:
- “If God is preparing you to make an impact on this world for his kingdom, chances are he will take you through a period of loneliness.” It’s a hard pill to swallow.
- “If you don’t allow God to give you a strong backbone and prepare you to stand apart from the crowd, you are prone to compromise.” Noted.
- “Don’t despise loneliness. Instead allow it to chase you into the ready arms of your king. If you turn to him instead of trying to fill the void with other things, you will find that he is ready to meet your every need.”
- “Every day you are single can be a chance to love your future spouse by preparing for your life together. Don’t waste this season, but let God help you cultivate every opportunity to become the man or woman they are dreaming of.” Hmmmn…
- “Family is our rehearsal for relationships.” Haha…this one got me.😂
- “Guys the way you treat your mom, is how you will treat your wives.” Ditto ladies.
- “Godly teammates provide an outside perspective to a relationship.” Get older, wiser and experienced mentors for Accountability before/during your relationship.
I just started:
IV. US (Daniel L. Tocchini): At a glance it’s a book against “the spirit of selfishness” in Marriage and I hope to gain lots of insight from it.
You can read about the variety of books in my library here.
4. I’m still studying the BOOK OF PROVERBS with the help of Matthew Henry’s Commentary and I’m loving it.
I’m presently working on two writing projects:
I. SOJOURN IN SVG: This will be featured on the blog (later this year or early next year, by God’s grace). It’s a MEMOIR that depicts what it’s like to leave one’s home-country and live in a foreign land.
II. TWO MINUTES: This is a fictional piece that I hope to submit for an International Essay Writing Contest. It’s my second attempt at working on something SO BIG, and the 2000-word target is a little overwhelming. I’m taking it one step at a time, and we’ll see how it goes.
6. Late ANNOUNCEMENT: I got MY FEGGO DIARIES (Prologue) published on Okadabooks.com last month, and I hope I can get the rest of the book published by December. You still have access to MY FEGGO DIARIES on the blog, pending its publication. Please if you have the Okadabooks app, you can download and read the book for FREE.
7. ADVENTURES: Guess who visited the SVG PM’s official residence last weekend? Yours’ sincerely. Thanks to the Church who organized the event…it was FUN. And here are a few pictures:
8. NIGERIA is on my mind. It’s been 2 years and 4 months since I last visited my home-country. And while I won’t necessarily say I’m homesick, I must say I’m looking forward to returning home SOON…and I hope it will be as exciting as I’ve envisaged it.
9. I need practical suggestions about the art of MEDITATION. I’ve tried it a couple of times but I’ve not been consistent. I used the app SmilingMind and recently HeadSpace but the outcome has been less than desired. Any ideas please?
That’s all for now.
I hope you all have an exciting SEPTEMBER.
Thank you for reading,