It’s been a while I’ve done this kinda post. I know I should be writing more often since I have enough time, but life has a way of showing up when/where we least expect.
Anyway, here are some of the things that have been happening with/around me lately:
1. The song on my mind…When I think about the Lord. Recently I was again reminded of how blessed I am. I have so much to be thankful for…life and health, God’s salvation, love, grace, mercy, favor, family and friends, and every other thing I often take for granted.
2. Watchword for the month: Philippians 4:8.
It’s operation MIND YOUR MINDSPACE! So help me God.
4. I recently wrapped up Chronicles of a Student-Doctor, which sums up my medical school experience. Whoop!! What a Journey! At some point I wanted to abort it but thankfully, I didn’t. I appreciate all the feedbacks/support I received during the period.
5. I’m reading a number of books at the moment and I have lots more to read. But I won’t blow my cover. Just lookout for Part 2 of My Favorite Things to get the juicy details of my library. Plus I’m thinking of doing my very 1st book review, on THE DATING MANIFESTO (Lisa Anderson) which I recently completed. I so enjoyed reading it that I’m excited to share some of the lessons with you. Pls watch out.
6. Currently loving Okadabooks app. In less than a week, I’ve consumed about 10 books, including excerpts from Chimamanda’s Half of a Yellow Sun and Americanah. I can’t wait to read the full copies.
7. Finally completed my study on the book of GENESIS (I’ve been on it for over 3 months). There are many hidden lessons between the verses and chapters of the book. My favorite character was Joseph. His character was solid throughout. I gathered lots of life-transforming truths. God’s word is absolutely amazing. I’m studying the book of Proverbs next.
8. I’m glad for the phase of life I am in at the moment. It’s like an in-between stage separating what has been, from what will be. I’m being prepared for the next phase of my life and I’m quite excited. Here are some of the thoughts I’ve been reflecting upon recently:
– Experience is not what happens to a man, it is what he does with what happens to him. (Aldus Huxley)
– It’s not only the questions you ask, but the questions you fail to ask, that shape your destiny. (Tony Robbins)
– Whatever we look for, we will find. (Tony Robbins)
– Being choosy gets you no where, if you actually never choose. (Lisa Anderson)
– There’s nothing wrong with happiness, what is usually wrong is how we choose to get it. (Requine)
– Exposure brings Enlightenment, Enlightenment brings Empowerment, Empowerment brings Enablement. (Requine)
9. I volunteered to help with the VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL (VBS) for my church kids last month. What an eye-opening experience it was. There were lots of games, songs, skits and crafts. There were also bible lessons and memory verses learnt. It was quite an adventure and a blessing for me. I’m glad I was a part of it.
10. I successfully made “Pizza” (from scratch) and “Puff-Puff” (for the first time), the two were on point and my flatmates even gave me an A+. 🙌🙌
I plan to try my hands on a few other snacks before the month runs out. Maybe I can throw in a recipe or two as well. *fingers-crossed*
That’s all for now.
Do enjoy the rest of August…
Thank you for reading,