Now this is one of my top-three favorites! I first heard this song while watching the movie “LETTERS TO GOD” (that’s like the most touching movie I’ve seen). It’s been about 5 years since that first time but I’ve not lost touch with either the movie or song. I must admit, the song sounds a bit ‘melancholic’, so it’ll probably make you cry more than smile.
There are times when life seems to be an unending puzzle. We go through a maze of circumstances that leave us with more questions than answers. There are days when we just want to curl under the sheets and not leave our beds. Oh, how we terribly long to be awakened from our nightmare. Other times, we want to scream out our questions at God from the rooftop. No, God doesn’t understand our plight, how can he?
* 14 months into a blissful Marriage, here comes an otherwise perfect daughter with Down Syndrome. Why God, Why?
* After 11 years of struggling through College and Medical School, he didn’t even make it through his One-year of Internship. It was just a car accident, two friends survived but he died. He was the only son of his parents. Does it make any sense at all?
* He didn’t choose to be born with Sickle-cell Anemia, yet he has to live with it daily. Every crisis is a fatal risk. The next moment a mere probability. While others make long-term plans about their future, he wonders when he’ll breathe his last. How does one live with that?
* One bad mistake and a 2-decade old marriage falls apart. Son joins the Gangsters. Daughter takes to drugs. Father now an Alcoholic. Mother a complete wreck. Who gets the blame?
* She is from a good christian home as far as we know. Her addiction to Porn is what no one realized. In our eyes she’s a saint…in her heart, she’s just filth. Can her messy life ever become whole?
*She was only six when she was raped. A stranger is one thing, her Father is another. Life was never the same again. Innocence was forever lost. Where was God that sad evening?
I don’t know the answers to those questions but they are as close to real life situations as possible. Your case or mine may not be that dramatic, or maybe it’s even worse, who knows?
When you’re buried in such deep questions and you can’t find the answers you so desperately seek, here is my advice: Relax. Breathe. Live. Take each day, one moment at a time. As you learn to trust the All-Knowing, All-Powerful and All-Wise God; No matter the battle you are facing, you’ll experience VICTORY, and No matter the pain you have right now, it’ll end in PRAISE…because Everything is BEAUTIFUL!
PS: It’s okay to ask. It’s okay to cry. It’s okay to be hurt. But don’t stop there. The HEALING Waters await you!
EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL [Anne Marie Boskovich]
Lyrics and Video here.
** ** **
Thank you for reading!